[Asterisk-Users] How do we updated to the new .7.1 version.

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Wed Jan 14 11:46:46 MST 2004

Yes folks it's me a Newbie. Remember I am also a non-Linux person trying
to learn.  I have a production Server running Asterisk .5 12/02/03 CVS,
and would like to upgrade it to the new .71.  Has anyone come up with
instructions (Documentation for us newbie)  on how to do this?  My
server is running Mandrake 9.0 which I know nothing about!

Sorry if this sounds stupid but all the instructions I found were for
CVS's.  And since it's a system that has been running fine I have not
wanted to do any updates.  But I figured that a new release is better
then the .5 I have. (I have some small Zap port problems).

Also I would like to change the hardware out from a Intel P4, 20gig PC
to a Dell Dual Xeon rack server.  Any directions on this will also be
helpful!  The new PC will be running Either RH 8 or 9 or maybe the new
Megis.  (Since I am new I do not favor any version of Linux).