[Asterisk-Users] grandstream asterisk configuration

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 14 09:45:14 MST 2004

Hi,

In my experience with GS phones, you need STUN support to make it work
properly (behind NAT), otherwise you would need lot of trial end error to
figure out how to do port forwarding. If you have STUN you wouldn't need to
touch the Netgear (except for firewalls).

If you can't run your own stun server (need two public IPs) then use one of
many STUN servers out there on public internet.

For an example enable NAT traversal on your GS phone and point the STUN
server to one of these STUN servers

larry.gloo.net or stun01.newkinetics.com.

Then reboot the GS and see how it discover the NAT (top of the gs web GUI).
If it is not a full cone or UDP blocked then you should be fine (Netgear is
restricted cone).

Cheers

SW