[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD 4.9?

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Wed Jan 14 05:34:20 MST 2004

I'm about to post on bugs to offer a bounty for work on FreeBSD.  I'm
fairly certain that others will come along to increase that bounty.

Before I do post it, I would like some input on what the requirements
should be.  Here's what I have so far:

 - Must be completed before 6/30/04
 - Support for all Zaptel hardware
 - Commitment of the drivers to both
   4-STABLE and 5-CURRENT/STABLE

I'm not completely conversant on how GPL software can be committed to
the kernel, but I believe it can be done under the contrib/ directory.

I do not want this work to exist as a series of
downloads/checkouts/patches/modules if it can be avoided.  I don't want
to patch my kernel or load modules.  I want to be able to do a cvsup on
/usr/src, add necessary device entries to my kernel config file and
build it.

I'd like to see astersk and libpri installs follow the reccomendations
and requirements found in the FreeBSD hier(1) man page.  Specifically,
it should install completely to /usr/local/.  Preferrably, I'd like to
see a port created for both asterisk and libpri, even just a metaport
that uses CVS to fetch the source and any OS-specific patches.

Any comments before I post the bounty?  I will recommend that those with
suggestions on the requirements and those that offer additional bounties
for this will sit in committee to determine when the requirements of the
bounty have been met.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks