[Asterisk-Users] How to Order Disconnect Supervision from SBC using Adit 600?

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Tue Jan 13 14:35:08 MST 2004

On Wednesday, January 14, 2004 11:45 AM, TC [SMTP:trclark at shaw.ca]
wrote:

> > > I don't know if this has any relevance but I am also originating
> > > the clock
> > > source from the * side with Wildcard T1 card.
> >
> > That's really the only way it'll work.  The channel bank can't
> > generate
> > clocking.
> Is that a general statement of just confined to the ADIT 600
> I thought any T1 interface could either receive timing or it can be a
> source for timing
> its just the interface may not be a high quality source eg stratum 4
> not stratum1

Any clock can be the source. Of course, you should select the highest
available stratum clock and time everything else from this if possible.

Another problem is if equipment at both ends of a T1 are trying to
derive timing from the other end. This can cause an unstable clock and
create synchronization problems.

Always, always for T1s, one end needs to provide timing and the other
end derive timing. (The only exception is if the equipment on both ends
are tied to stratum 1 clocks. However, I would guess that this does not
apply to any of us on this list).

Don Pobanz