[Asterisk-Users] KPhone working

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Tue Jan 13 14:12:20 MST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 08:00 am, Jan Janak wrote:
> On 13-01 12:17, Maciek Kaminski wrote:
> > Steve wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >If anyone else had a problem I got kphone to work with Asterisk.
> >
> > I have problems with kphone + Asterisk. KPhone does not seem to ACK
> > invites, ie.
> >
> > KPhone  --- sends INVITE     --> Asterisk
> > KPhone  <-- sends 101 Trying --- Asterisk
> > KPhone  <-- sends 202 OK     --- Asterisk
> > KPhone  --- does not send ACK
>
> Could you, please, send me SIP message dumps of this ?
> Jan.

My Kphone is Ext 301 on 10.25.5.11

 [301]
type=friend
context=routing
host=dynamic
insecure=yes
defaultip=10.25.5.11
callerid=Steve <301>
mailbox=301
dtmfmode=info
canreinvite=no

[These are the notes I have on a successful registration.
Note that it is obviously not 301!]

.8 is the client and .10 is Asterisk, 202 is the extension

8	Request REGISTER		sip:10.25.5.10
10	Status  100 Trying 	1 Bindings
10	Status 200 OK 		1 Bindings
8	Request SUBSCRIBE 	sip:10.25.5.10
10	Status 404 Not Found
10	Status 200 OK
10	Request NOTIFY 	sip:202 at 10.25.5.10
8	Status 200 OK
10	Request NOTIFY	sip:202 at 10.25.5.8
8	Status 200 OK

When I started up KPhone would register with * right away but not be aware of
it. Checking my hosts file (on the client) I realized * 'IP was missing and
once it was added I was able to complete the registration. (First time I had
my PC talk to *.)

--
Steve