[Asterisk-Users] Symbol NetVision Phone

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 13 13:33:54 MST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, listas iPfone wrote:

> I received  an unit of the Symbol NetVision Phone and i will test it with asterisk using  H.323 or Skinny , somebody tested this phone with asterisk and can share experience?

The phone itself is a bit flakey: turns off within 1 minute if it doesn't
find it's access point (which is a PITA while configuring the access
point's ESSID and WEP key), and for some reason, it stopped responding
after a few calls, and the only way to get it to accept another call was
power-cycling the phone.
Maybe they have already fixed the firmware, though.

Interoperability is fine though: it worked with any H.323 device,
including both asterisk channel drivers.

Cheers,
	Siggi