[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7910 phone

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 13 13:29:39 MST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Ray Burkholder wrote:

> > Will cisco 7910 ip phone compatible with Asterisk? I know
[...]
> Cisco's site shows SIP drivers for 7960, 7940, 7912, 7905 only.  If you want
> to run 7910 in Skinny mode, that may work.  I'll leave that up to the
> chan_sccp and chan_skinny people.

The 7910 has been reported to work with chan_sccp.

However, if you're about to buy a phone, I'd strongly recommend you not to
use the 7910, but either spend the few extra bucks for a 7960 or 7940
(only difference is the number of line/speeddial buttons) or take the
7905.
While the 7905 doesn't have Speakerphone, its SIP image has by far the
best user interface of all cisco SIP phones, plus it's nicely compact, and
the display even has a higher resolution than that of the 7960...
IIRC, it should also be the cheapest Cisco phone.

Cheers,
	Siggi