[Asterisk-Users] How to Order Disconnect Supervision from SBC using Adit 600?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Tue Jan 13 10:24:15 MST 2004

If you don't have a voltmeter to look at this, try just listening on the
line (using an analog telephone) when the far end hangs up.  You should hear
a distinct click-click on the line a second or two after they hang up.  If
you hear this, it's likely you are getting the required disconnect
supervision from the telco.  Note that many (most?) smaller private PBX's do
not drop loop current on an analog line when the far end disconnects - but
central office class switches usually do.

It's not very scientific, but once you've heard one you can recognise it.

regards

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.

Email:          scott at evtmedia.com <mailto:scott at evtmedia.com>