[Asterisk-Users] E100P without q931?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jan 13 08:03:06 MST 2004

>Hi,
>  does anyone know if its feasible to run asterisk with a PRI card but not run
>any q931 signalling.. basically push calls down the PRI and tell asterisk in
>some other way to pickup a particular Zap channel?
>
>Steve

Well, not quite PRI nor quite what you're describing, but would SS7
be what you're after?

Are you asking for a PRI with no D-Channel?  Or a group of PRI's that
share a single D-Channel?  If the former, I'm uncertain.  If the
latter, that's called NFAS (Non-Facility Associated Switching) and
I'd love to see Asterisk support NFAS, for both immediate reasons
(same-card and multi-card spanning NFAS groups) and future reasons
(my hopes that someone will come up with a channelized DS-3 driver
for Zap PRI interfaces, which would almost certainly require NFAS.)

JT