[Asterisk-Users] How to Order Disconnect Supervision from SBC using Adit 600?

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Tue Jan 13 06:53:21 MST 2004

Can anyone help me with the term that SBC uses to refer to disconnect
supervision?  I have an Adit 600 channel bank which has helped improve the
disconnect detection time down to about 8 seconds. This is still causing some
issues in particular with call progress enabled in * we are having a few
disconnects while calls are in session (about 2 reported in first 5 days of use).

I have talked both to a local phone contractor and SBC directly and no one
seems to know what I am talking about. The phone contractor knew about the issue
with other phone systems in the area but didn't know there was a way to fix it
and SBC reps seem to never have heard of disconnect sup or calling party disconnect.

The * Handbook refers to loop start with call sup as kewlstart are
there other names for this protocol? One of the local contractors thought that
SBC automatically drops line voltage on remote hangup, in which case I need to
know what signalling to program into the ADIT 600's fxo channels. I also have
the option of going to groundstart signalling if this would fix the problem, but
it would cause some line downtime so it is not my preferred method.

The Adit 600 manual lists the following options for mapping FXO ports to the T1 DSO.

DPT = Dial Pulse Termination
EMDW = E&M Delayed Wink start
EMI = E&M Immediate start
EMICPD = E&M Immediate Start with Calling Party Disconnect
EMW = E&M Wink start
GS = Ground Start
GSRB = Ground Start with Reverse Battery
LS = Loop Start
LSCPD = Loop Start Calling Party Disconnect
LSRB = Loop Start with Reverse Battery
VoIP = Voice over IP (CMG only)

I believe I currently have the lines set to LSCPD which improved the hangup
situation, but hasn't completely fixed it.

I don't know if this has any relevance but I am also originating the clock
source from the * side with Wildcard T1 card.
--
Jonathan Moore
Director of Technology

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com