[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail issue

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 13 05:27:28 MST 2004

Hi!

> I get to voicemail either way.  It just doesn't playback the unavail on
> the IAX call.  Plays back fine on the SIP call.  Both calls show up as
> playing voicemail/company/6711/unavail on the console.

Sounds like a codec problem - check which codecs are being used during
the IAX connection and look at the disallow/allow statements. Also make
sure that you don't have any too much lag that "swallows" the first bit
of playback because the connection hasn't been fully established yet - a
look into /var/log/asterisk/messages can help to diagnose that - insert a
Wait(2) to avoid this.

Cheers, Philipp