[Asterisk-Users] Fax

Jason Penton j.penton at ru.ac.za
Tue Jan 13 02:42:54 MST 2004

Hi All

I have just a quick question regarding app_txfax for Asterisk.

When I send a fax from asterisk to a traditional fax machine connected to
asterisk via the digium analog card everything works perfectly. However the
same fax machine on the public telephoine network results in errors (looks
like some sort of training error).

My asterisk box is connected to the pstn using an ISDN card. I don't mind
trying to fix this myself but I am puzzled by the different behavior
experienced when the fax machine is on the digium card and when it is
connected to our public carrier, and therefore have no idea where to start.
Would someone (Steve Underwood ;-) )mind at least putting me on the right
track so I can address this issue?

Thanks in advance Steve
Jason