[Asterisk-Users] LCR / Trollphone Rate Engine

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Jan 12 20:31:50 MST 2004

[wrapping disabled]
[top-posting powers... ACTIVATE.]

I will wildly make guesses here.  Tholo can chime in and show that I'm wrong at any time...  :-)

At 10:17 AM -0700 1/12/04, ml at neoninternet.com wrote:

>Hi. Thank you to Olle, the Wiki, and Trollphone.  I found the Trollphone Rate Engine listed on the Wiki at:
>
>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+addon+rate-engine
>
>I'm not familiar with LCR yet, but this is something that I need to do.  I have it all installed but am not familiar with the terminology.  Can someone help me maybe figure out what some of these fields are for?
>
>mysql> describe egress;
>+-------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
>| Field       | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
>+-------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
>| route_id    | int(10) unsigned |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
>| provider_id | int(10) unsigned |      | MUL | 0       |                |
>| technology  | varchar(16)      |      |     |         |                |  (I assume this should be SIP, IAX, etc)
>| peer        | varchar(32)      |      |     |         |                | (I assume this is the hostname of the peer)

Probably the peername of the peer as described in sip.conf or iax.conf or whatever.conf.

>| pattern     | varchar(80)      |      |     |         |                |  (Regex matching pattern?)

I assume something like 44*  or 1301555* would go in here to describe routes.  I wonder how fancy it can be?  (i.e.: will 1...5551212  mean that I can send all North American directory assistance calls to a particular route?)

>| substitute  | varchar(80)      |      |     |         |                |  (Something else to do with regex substitution? Example?)
>| description | varchar(80)      | YES  |     | NULL    |                |  (Description of the entry)
>+-------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
>
>mysql> describe rate;
>+--------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
>| Field        | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
>+--------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
>| rate_id      | int(10) unsigned |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
>| route_id     | int(10) unsigned |      | MUL | 0       |                |
>| iso          | char(2)          |      |     |         |                |  (?? Description please? Example?)

I will assume iso is the two digit ISO country code.

>| type         | char(3)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                | (Type.. ? Example?)

No ideas here.

>| country      | varchar(40)      |      |     |         |                |  (I guess this is freeform..)

Maybe long version of the ISO?

>| extra        | varchar(40)      | YES  |     | NULL    |                | (Extra what?)
>| prefix       | varchar(10)      |      | MUL |         |                | (Ok, prefix of the number...)
>| active_date  | date             | YES  |     | NULL    |                | (Starting date of rate)
>| expires_date | date             | YES  |     | NULL    |                | (Ending date of rate)
>| firstperiod  | int(10) unsigned |      |     | 0       |                | (Explain?)

How long is the first billing interval.  The first 60 seconds might be billed at $.04 per minute which then changes...

>| periods      | int(10) unsigned |      |     | 0       |                | (Examples?)

I'm going to assume this means "how many seconds in a period" but that is probably a bad assumption.  I would think that Tholo would have named that variable "periodlength"...

>| startcost    | int(10) unsigned |      |     | 0       |                | (Connection fee?)

Sounds reasonable.

>| periodcost   | int(10) unsigned |      |     | 0       |                | (Cost per unit?)

How much does each duration of "periods" cost?  Yes, cost per unit sounds right.

>Once I get these question marks removed, I think it will be a very nice product.  Thank you for your help!
>
>Kevin

JT