[Asterisk-Users] More words for Allison

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Jan 12 20:19:59 MST 2004

[snip]
>  >    Any funds left over after payment to Allison will be used to fund
>>      either more words from Allison in the "next round" (there is
>>      always a next round of words) or will go to buying beer/food for
>>      Digium staff at the discretion of John Todd.
>
>As a non-donor, I probably have no right to speak, so, of course, I will
>be first :)
>
>My recommendation is to listen to each of the sounds recorded.  I don't
>remember which, but I seem to have the impression that some recordings
>sounded much better than others, especially when using the Voicemail
>app.  Some words just seemed to be recorded in an empty bathroom while
>others sounded really good.  Would it be a good use to re-record any
>files that don't sound, ummm, optimal?
[snip]

If you can identify the sounds about which you're speaking, let me
know and I'll re-clip them.

For this iteration, I'll probably submit the files to my website in
both .aif and in .gsm, and you can re-encode the .aif's if you think
it sounds bad.  The .aif's are "near-perfect" quality, as best as I
can tell from the original recordings that I was given.

If you're talking about verbiage or utterance problems, then that's a
different story - Allison has been easy to deal with in getting that
stuff repaired for free.

I'll plug her site again: http://www.theivrvoice.com/  - she's fast,
professional, and (relatively) cheap, and her voice will match all
your other Asterisk recordings.

As far as food vs. more recordings: we have two votes for food, no
votes for more recordings.  Jared, your additional contribution
comment for food has been noted.  :-)

So help me God, the next person that comments on "knots" vs. "knots
per hour" will have a corefile mailed to them.  If you're that
concerned either way, you can cut the soundfiles up or paste parts
together to make whatever phrase you want after I put them up on my
website.  Shut up about it already; this list is busy enough with
"real" issues.

I will try to have the remaining files done this evening, but I doubt
that will happen as it's getting late already and it will take a
surprising amount of time to chop things up and label them correctly,
as it's a very tedious and mouse-intensive job.  It'll be done when
it's done.

JT