[Asterisk-Users] More words for Allison

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Mon Jan 12 13:04:03 MST 2004

<quote who="Dave Cotton">
> On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 16:10, daryl at introspect.net wrote:

Well at the bottom of that very page is:

Usage Note:  In nautical usage knot is a unit of speed, not of distance,
and has a built-in meaning of "per hour." Therefore, a ship would strictly
be said to travel at ten knots (not ten knots per hour)

So, a knot is not a unit of linear measurement.  A "Nautical Mile" is linear.
A knot, is speed.

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP