[Asterisk-Users] '*' call conference?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 12 12:05:40 MST 2004

Hi!

> I read the feature list of asterisk and I cannot see if it is possible
> to conference a call between extensions.  Is it a supported feature of
> asterisk or is it done in the UA (ATA186 in my case)

As for Asterisk:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+PBX+functions
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20MeetMe

> Here is what I try to do.
>
> 	phone-a -dial-> phone-b
> 	tap the cradle (flash on phone-a)
>
> 	phone-a -dial-> phone-c
> 	tap the cradle (flash on phone-a)
>
> Now I like all 3 phones in a conference call. Is this possible in
> asterisk. I tried and I cannot do it that way, is there a configuration
> that need to be done for call conferencing ?

Add a third flash on phone a and you should be there. Note that I don't
have any analog devices and never tested this myself. And I am not sure
that "tapping the cradle" always works as FLASH signal. This type of
conference is closely connected to "three-way-calling" - just in case you
need a good search term. Using MeetMe you can run bigger conferences
without involving flashing.

> (Also note that asterisk feature list do not list any feature with
> call-conferensing @ http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features )

On that very page you find this which I think is quite convincing, even
though the "bridging" might cause 1 sec of confusion:

Conference Bridging
   Unlimited Conference Rooms
   Access Control

Cheers, Philipp