[Asterisk-Users] More words for Allison

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 12 07:56:26 MST 2004

Hi!

> You might want to do John a favor and go ahead and remove words
> that already exist.  For example, third, sixth, and eighth are already
> ordinals that have sounds (digits/h-3, digits/h-6, digits/h-8) in
> Asterisk.

I'm sorry, I missed that (mostly because the Wiki is lackig the
explanation for these sound files). For the sake of sea weather report
completion - whoever uses that, I don't - it might be necessary to add
"sea", "wave" and "waves" as well.

Next to that I'll include a list of recordings that I found to be useful.
I am not sure if "phone system" is a proper English term, I just tried to
avoid "Asterisk" and "PBX" as many normal phone users will not able to
understand these.

- "The phone system will be temporarily unavailable. No calls can be made
or received during this maintainance period."
- "The phone system is up and running! Thank you for your patience."
- "The Asterisk P B X will be restarted immediately. All current calls
will be interrupted."

Finally I don't know about the status of the recently announced (C-coded)
calling card application concerning its voice prompts. For my little LCR
(least cost router) solution I use these self-recorded files:

- Attempting a voice over i p connection:
- You have spent
- Euro (note: not "Euros"!)
- point
- this month.
- Your credit amounts to
- The approximate charge for this call is
- per minute.
- billed in
- second intervals.
- You have exceeded the (cost) limit by
- This call was terminated due to 0 credit.

Greetings, Philipp