[Asterisk-Users] Bandwidth ? + Doc + cdr

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 12 01:13:52 MST 2004

Hans-Henrik Andresen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How much bandwidth do I need for 1 conversation ?
>
> I know it depends on the codecs, in X-lite I can see a codec called
> gsm, and the grandstream aha analog/ip converter have a codec called 721.

G.711 will use ~84Kbps and GSM will use ~34Kbps..

> Doc. I have found the asterisk handbook, but only a draft from marts
> 2003 anything newer ?

Yes the handbook is a little old now but will still give you a good
foundation..

> Guides/howtos are welcome as well.

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=documentation

Look at the unofficial links section on the bottom for some good info..

> anyone have a php interface to accounting ?

Nope not that I know of.. you would have to develop your own.. :)

Later..