[Asterisk-Users] Forward call with response required to accept

Glenn Dalgliesh asterisk at techhat.com
Sun Jan 11 18:34:55 MST 2004

I am looking for a way to Forward to a external or internal number and require a digit(s) in order to complete forward.

Example:

PSTN1 Calls * dials PSTN2
                        if PSTN2 presses proper digits bridge the PSTN1 and PSTN2
                        if no response return to a context

Reasons: 2 actually
    1. call is forwarded to cell phone but If cell is out of range, turned off, or they don't answer I don't want the calling party to get connected to the Cell phones VM
    2. Call is forwarded to outside number and I want a level of security that ensures that the person that the call is intended for is present.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks