[Asterisk-Users] T1 Sync clarification

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Sun Jan 11 17:54:11 MST 2004

On Sunday, January 11, 2004 5:41 PM,  John Brown (CV)
[SMTP:jmbrown at chagresventures.com] wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> After reading a bunch of the docs, list post archives, it
> still seems that a clear definition of how to clock the T100P
> card is muddy.
>
> zttool says that the link is "INTERNALLY CLOCKED",
>
> does this mean the T100P is providing clock, or does
> this mean the T100P is getting clock from the T1 line
> side (ergo getting clock from the Telco) ??

This was really confusing for me when I started. Let me explain it this
way.
If you want to run on the internal T100P clock then set sync to '0'
To derive the timing from the incoming T1 line (loop timing) set sync
to '1'

> If you have sync = 0   then zttool says internally clocked
>
> if sync > 0  then zttool says "Digium......."  and link
> goes into an error condition.

I don't know what this would be.

> Thus the million dollar question is this:
>
> What should the SYNC value be if you want to clock from
> the TELCO ?

sync should be set to 1 to time from telco.

--
Don Pobanz