[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + BudgeTone (behind NAT)

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Sun Jan 11 17:24:46 MST 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 06:07 pm, Owen Kelso wrote:
> I'm using Asterisk on a open server (no firewall or NAT) and trying to
> communicate with a Grandstream BudgeTone 102 SIP phone which is behind
> NAT. The BudgeTone is at firmware level 1.0.4.30 and Asterisk is from CVS
> about a week ago.  My problem is that I'm only getting half-duplex
> communication -- I can hear voice from the Asterisk server but the server
> does not understand any voice from me.  From the console "sip debug" shows
> that the SIP part is working fine and DTMF via SIP INFO works.

I use OpenBSD firewalls with NAT and redirect and it works just as it's
supposed to.

That's not even half duplex. In half duplex each side Can talk, but only one
at a time. It seems to be an error with configuring your firewall. (One
common error is to only turn on redirect. But you also need to Allow the
traffic to flow...

--
Steve