[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 79xx Ringtones

Craig Waddington craig at xmbsystems.com
Sun Jan 11 10:56:35 MST 2004

Customizing the Cisco SIP IP Phone Ring Types

The Cisco SIP IP phone ships with two ring types: Chirp1 and Chirp2. By
default, your ring type options will be those two choices. However,
using the RINGLIST.DAT file, you can customize the ring types that are
available to the Cisco SIP IP phone users.

--------
Step 1   Create a pulse code modulation (PCM) file of the desired ring
types and store the PCM files in the root directory of your TFTP server.
PCM files must contain no header information and comply with the
following format guidelines:

8000 Hz sampling rate
8 bits per sample
ulaw compression

Step 2   Using a ASCII editor, open the RINGLIST.DAT file and for each
of the ring types you are adding, specify the name as you want it to
display on the Ring Type menu, press Tab, and then specify the filename
of the ring type. For example, the format of a pointer in your
RINGLIST.DAT file should appear similar to the following:

Ring Type 1 ringer1.pcm

Step 3   After defining pointers for each of the ring types you are
adding, save your modifications and close the RINGLIST.DAT file.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2156/products_administr
ation_guide_chapter09186a0080087511.html#1042487

-C

www.ntfs.org