[Asterisk-Users] 2nd call leg status?

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 11 01:04:25 MST 2004

Hi Folks,

Wonder whether this question found an answer ?

I too have a similar question that I can't find an answer so far.

Let me first share my dial plan;

exten => _011.,1,Authenticate(/etc/asterisk/auth.txt |a)
exten => _011.,2,Playback(Pls-wait-while-I-connect)
exten => _011.,3,Absolutetimeout(3600)
exten => _011.,4,Dial(H323/${EXTEN:3}@GW_IP_ADDRESS,70)
exten => _011.,5,NoCDR()  <=====if no answer cdr is not written
exten => _011.,6,Busy
exten => _011.,105,NoCDR()  <==== if called party is busy cdr not wirtten
exten => _011.,106,Busy
exten => i,1,NoCDR() <====== if authentication failed cdr not written
exten => i,2,Hangup

Here are my observations

(a) Since Authenticate function is present in my dial paln,  disposition
fieled in cdr always show Answered, so with that I can't figure out whether
H323 leg is successfully answered or not.
(b) If the H323 g/w sends the busy signal then CDR is not written, If the
g/w rings and timed out then again CDR is not written (as expected we have
priorities set for extensions)
(c) Now if the called party is ringing and originating party just hang-up, A
CDR is written. I have no way to differentiate that with a very short answer
call.

I think this behavior is a incorrect.

If * answered a call and show up disposition as Answered, then that call is
a completed call. So there should be one record in the CDR.

Then for the second leg there should be another record, as now * is
originating a call again and expecting other side(in this case the h323 g/w)
to respond.

If the both legs are considered as a single call, then cdr should show the
disposition of the final end point.

Please show me if there is a way that I could generate two records in CDR
for this kind of a call, or any other solution for this problem.

Cheers

SW

Message: 2