[Asterisk-Users] default music source for SIP channel

Lance Arbuckle asterisk at arbuckle.org
Sat Jan 10 19:29:47 MST 2004

The wiki says this about the MusicOnHold command:

"Plays hold music specified by class. If omitted, the default music
source for the channel will be used."
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20MusicOnHold

How do I set the default music on hold class for the SIP channel ?  I
tried adding musiconhold=test to my sip.conf.
musiconhold.conf looks like this:
  [classes]
  default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
  loud => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
  random => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3,-z
  test => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3,-z

in extensions.conf I did:
  exten => 6000,1,Answer
  exten => 6000,2,MusicOnHold

When I dial 6000 from a SIP phone ( xlite), musiconhold starts to play,
but from the 'default' class.
What am I screwing up ?

-Lance