[Asterisk-Users] Hardware to build an Enterprise AsteriskUniversal Gateway

Steve Totaro stotaro at seepu.com
Sat Jan 10 08:45:34 MST 2004

Automated failover is a nice thought in this instance but in the Telco world
it may not be necessary.  Most industries will allow for weekend work as
well as planned downtime (Yes, even in a three shift manufacturing facility)
In my experience, fires and acts of God are far and few between but someone
tripping over a power cord or shutting something down or pulling the wrong
patch cord is a regular occurance.  Not sure if I am agreeing with Steve or
not, the more I read his post the less I am sure what he is saying.