[Asterisk-Users] Re: Strange Call waiting problems - SNOM 200 & Grandstream Budgetone

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jan 9 15:25:42 MST 2004

Paul Liew wrote:
> [...]

True.  Alas this is an irritating bit about the implementation of call
waiting on the GS

  but if you hang up

> the
>
>>1st call, the phone rings and it is possible to answer the 2nd call
>
> normally.
>
>>Anyone got any ideas on what could be causing these problems ?

I'm not sure that I would call item#2 a problem.

> Hi Michael,
>
> GS does not really support callwaiting

Not so true. On all of my GS phones (20), I now, after discovering 2
separate problems, have call waiting working with the flash key.  It
works on all versions of the firmware that I have tested after '3.81.
Press once, puts 1st call on hold, answers 2nd call. Press again, puts
second caller on hold, returns to first caller, etc. The first problem I
had was misconfiguration of the "send flash as DTMF event" option. For
call waiting to work, you must have this option set to false in the
phone configuration.

(By the way, the other problem I had was a hardware problem on one
phone: hot melt glue all over the keypad contact area.)

  and you don't have the ability to
> disable from the phone configuration. You can however disable in '*', by
> adding "incominglimit=1" for each GS phone in sip.conf. Also ensure that you
> a "username=blah" where blah is the same as your phone definition. HTH.

Alas, also true.

Stephen R. Besch