[Asterisk-Users] * as sip b2bua?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 9 14:28:17 MST 2004

Thilo Salmon wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> any chance * could be used as a b2bua without forcing the media stream
> through the same box? I would love to do some computing on incoming
> calls, do things like setting another callerid and the forward the call
> to another sip UA - all without any audio traversing the * box. Any
> ideas?
Thilo,
Isn't the definition of a b2bua that the media streams pass it?
back-to-back-user-agent.

Anyway, not to be picky, Asterisk by default wants to be in the media
path. There are ways to release the signalling and media path
back to the clients, with canreinvite=yes, but that's not the default behaviour.

A SIP proxy like SIP express router from iptel.org fits your
description better. And yes, SER works together with Asterisk.

/Olle