[Asterisk-Users] USA dial plan

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 13:01:05 MST 2004

--- Senad Jordanovic <senad at boltblue.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do the callers in USA dialling from USA Telco lines always have to
> prefix the CITY/AREA code with "1" in order
> To successfully make a call to other USA destinations?

Not "always".  My local phone company (Verizon in So. California)
said we'd have
to dail 1-310-xxx-xxxx for local numbers (I'm in 310 area) but
as of current time I can still dail just 7 digits and it works
fine.

I think over time, yes, we are headed to the requirement to
alwauys dial 1-<10 digit number>

> ----
> I have not been to USA (yet) :)
>
> Ta