[Asterisk-Users] Mailing list growth

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 9 04:52:15 MST 2004

Hi!

> I still think we need something more fine grained.  I think we can add
> the asterisk-biz list, and eventually something akin to a newbie list,
> but need a more appropriate name, IMHO.

As discussed before that newbie is very likely to not work out; but
here's a practical suggestion: Split asterisk-users into by introducing a
"higher-level implementation" list that deals specifically with
channelbanks & T1 issues (=larger installations). VoIP will remain on
asterisk-users.

That way newbies can stick to asterisk-users without the added traffic of
asterisk-t1 (just a suggestion for a list name), whereas more experienced
users still subscribe to both lists, but at least get a nice filter
mechanism helping to decide what to read first.

Cheers, Philipp