[Asterisk-Users] Dialing the Phone from OS X Address Book with AppleScript, XML-RPC, PHP and Asterisk

Peter Rukavina peter at rukavina.net
Thu Jan 8 19:09:15 MST 2004

I run an Apple OS X workstation and I've got a server on the same LAN
that's both a webserver and an Asterisk PBX.

I wanted to be able to originate calls in the OS X Address Book
application, and have Asterisk dial them and connect them to the phone
on my desk.

I've assembled a system that uses AppleScript to connect, via XML-RPC,
to a web application that, in turn, connects to the Asterisk Manager
API via TPC/IP to initiate the call.

I've posted details, along with the source for the scripts involved, at:

http://www.reinvented.net/labs/article/1824

Peter Rukavina
Reinvented Inc.
www.reinvented.net