[Asterisk-Users] Mailing list growth

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jan 8 13:14:31 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 12:54, Panny Malialis wrote:
> You think you have problems?
>
> Try getting addicted to IRC! :)

Thats the one crack pipe I have tried to avoid since a former room mate
and I had a BYOC party where most all interaction ended up on IRC.
Between the jukebox being web enabled and all of us hanging off of a
cable modem, all interaction was basically picking music and talking on
our IRC channel. I think at the time I had 2 computers in my bedroom( 1
for me and 1 for my girlfriend), a machine with wireless keyboard on the
TV, a VT220 next to the recliner, my room mate had his machine in his
bedroom, and I think there was 2 or 3 other machines scattered between
the "dining room" and the living room. This was also about mid 1997 or
so.

Been there done that, been clean from that crack pipe for a couple of
years now. I now am able to get in get my questions answered and get out
before the addiction sets in.