[Asterisk-Users] PRI D Channel and Caller-ID issue......

cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com
Thu Jan 8 10:17:33 MST 2004

"Adams, Gavin" <gadams at promisant.com>
Sent by: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
01/08/2004 06:55 AM
Please respond to asterisk-users

        To:     <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [Asterisk-Users] PRI D Channel and Caller-ID issue......

Mark answered this a couple days ago for me. Do a "pri debug span" and
see if the caller name is in a FACILITY message. If so, Steve's comment
about adding a Wait(1) as the first priority for the incoming call will
work.

Regards,

--- Gavin
Gavin, Steve, and Ryan,

I wanted to thank you; that 1 second delay on the incoming call fixed the
issue.  I did the PRI debug like you suggested and found that the
D-channel adds a FACILITY message type (with caller name included) if the
call is from outside our switch.  If the call is inside the network, the D
Channel puts the caller name in the SETUP message.  It must have something
to do with off-net calls dipping to remote databases for that information.
 We have our switch set to not dip to SS7 if the call is inside our
switch.

Again, thanks.  Chalk this up as another satisfied Asterisk list user!

chris