[Asterisk-Users] Billing system experiences with Advanced Communications?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jan 8 08:21:06 MST 2004

I ran across this URL the other day:

  http://www.advancedvoip.com/

It seems that they have a low-priced solution for billing, which
seems to have some interesting features (at least, via the canned
demo they provide.)  It handles CDRs and also (sorry, Jeremy) Radius,
and seems to have a lot of features.  I'll be calling them later
today to discuss their product, if only out of curiosity at their low
prices and reasonably full-featured demo.  The system seems very much
geared to H.323, and it is not obvious what the back end is, so I am
somewhat suspicious of functionality.

Pricing seems reasonable - they charge by the port.  For an 8 port
system, it would be $960 (!!!) which probably translates into $1720
for a single 4-port PRI card.  No recurring charges.  It sounds
almost too good to be true.

I have had enough experience with billing systems to know at least
that nothing ever is as it seems in the demo.  Has anyone who is a
commercial service provider on the list implemented this software?
If so, what have your experiences been?

JT