[Asterisk-Users] AbsoluteTimeout Users Messages

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jan 8 07:16:18 MST 2004

Senad Jordanovic wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> Is there a provision for "AbsoluteTimeout" application to notify
> called and calling party of the reason why the call suddenly ended?
>
> This way, the parties will be much better informed, hence they
> will/should not think that
> their VOIP/telco provider(s) are providing bad service.

A good suggestions. I know that a couple of Asterisk gurus tried to
hack something the other night, since this is something we all want.
A couple of patches crashed Asterisk, so there had to be redesign.

I don't know if they succeeded. Regardless, there is work going on.
Nothing done yet in the CVS.

/O