[Asterisk-Users] Strange Call waiting problems - SNOM 200 & Grandstream Budgetone

Michael michael at e7even.com
Thu Jan 8 04:40:02 MST 2004

Hi

I am setting up an Asterisk System in an office environment, Incoming and
Outgoing calls are working ok, but i am having a few strange problems
regarding call waiting.

With the SNOM 200 (firmware 2.02t) phones, if you are on a call and a 2nd call
comes in, the call waiting beep is played and the light flashes, but if you
hang up the 1st call, instead of the phone ringing, it connects the 1st call
and the 2nd call together!

The 2nd caller ends up speaking to the first caller (almost like a conference
call, but you cannot hear or speak to the 1st or 2nd callers) as you can
imagine, this could cause a few serious problems :-( . we have not been able
to recreate this problem with the grandstream, but we are having another
strange problem with the Budgetone.

if you are on a call on the Budgetone 101 and a 2nd call is received, instead
of a call waiting beep being played, it rings on the handset speaker! which
makes it almost impossible to speak to the 1st caller, but if you hang up the
1st call, the phone rings and it is possible to answer the 2nd call normally.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be causing these problems ?