AW: [Asterisk-Users] IPv6 support

Brunner, Armin armin.brunner at id.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 8 04:25:56 MST 2004

In the setup I'm looking now there are IPv4-only and IPv6-only SIP-clients (or UA's) but the
Proxies (or servers) are v4 and v6 dual-stacked (to make things a bit easier).
I think there will be a lot of IPv6-only SIP-clients  (e.g. mobile clients and all the existing IPv4-NAT'ed
networks) and a lot of IPv4-only "old legacy" SIP-clients. We have to find ways to deal with such
setups.

There are ways with IPv4/IPv6 NAT-PT but I think this is not the right way (a lot of DNS-problems).
There seems to be a way with RTP-Proxies (thanks Olle for the link) but even this (if it works) seems
not the right solution for the problem (it's still a kind of NAT who breaks the end-to-end idea).
What do you think about a back-to-back-server between the IPv4 and the IPv6 world?

Regards
Armin