[Asterisk-Users] Re: 911 and lawsuits

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu Jan 8 01:47:19 MST 2004

Hi,

We run our routers this way, but I haven't tried asterisk on it yet.
Technically there should be no problem. There are a few things you want to
consider:

- compactflashcards are basically IDE devices, so Linux will see them as
harddrives. Writing to them is a costly process so you will want a
commit/rollback type setup for all files. Just stash your root-fs in a
ramdrive and compress it to disk only when needed. This also ensures you get
a working system back when you reboot after making some messed-up changes
(crashes ?)

- compactflashcards are generally slow devices, but if you load a ramdisk
from the drive and use that to work with, the delay is not a problem.

If we get more stock flashcards I'll try a setup and report :)

Florian