[Asterisk-Users] Red Alarms - FXS(Signalling Q)

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Thu Jan 8 01:46:29 MST 2004

I am having a problem with Red Alarms on X100P cards.
The most frustrating thing is I can not duplicate the alarms, therefore
am not sure how to solve it.  I have read after searching posts and the
web that you can try different signaling methods which may help
alleviate the problem.

There is fxsks (Which I am currently using), fxsgs, and fxsls

While reading the Digium site about these different signaling options, I
am left wondering what is the advantage of one over the other.
Obviously fxsks has remote disconnect support, however if I were to go
with gs or ls, what functionality would I really lose by not having it?
How does asterisk know when to hang up the zap channel using the other
siginalling options?

I basically have SIP phones that I want to interface to the PSTN
network, and I am doing it with the X100P cards.

I have attached my config files below in case that gives something
obvious a way.  Sorry for the generic question, it's just I am ready to
pull my hair out on this one.  I am getting ready to put a system into
production, and want to resolve as many errors as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Brent Franks

---------------------------
/proc/interrupts
---------------------------
           CPU0
  0:   17597484          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         18          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:    1924759          XT-PIC  eth0
  4:  175741768          XT-PIC  wcfxo
  5:  175742339          XT-PIC  wcfxo
  7:  175741405          XT-PIC  wcfxo
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:     149921          XT-PIC  FastTrak
 11:  175742546          XT-PIC  wcfxo
 15:          0          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

/etc/zaptel.conf
#
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# "fxsls"   : Channel(s) are signalled using FXS Loopstart protocol.
# "fxsgs"   : Channel(s) are signalled using FXS Groundstart protocol.
# "fxsks"   : Channel(s) are signalled using FXS Koolstart protocol.
# "fxols"   : Channel(s) are signalled using FXO Loopstart protocol.
# "fxogs"   : Channel(s) are signalled using FXO Groundstart protocol.
# "fxoks"   : Channel(s) are signalled using FXO Koolstart protocol.
#
# You may also specify a default zone with "defaultzone=<zone>" where
zone
# is a two letter country code.
#
fxsks=1
fxsks=2
fxsks=3
fxsks=4
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

/etc/asterisk/
; December 30, 2003 08:06 EST  mwless at mindworks.net
;
;  Asterisk can be found on http://www.asterisk.org
;
; Brent D. Franks - mwless at mindworks.net
;
; This file configures:
;       4 Wildcard X100P PCI FXO Cards
;

[channels]

language=en

; Put all 4 Lines into one group, so we can make and place
; calls on the first available line on the box

group=1

; Set the context for dialplan calling

context=incoming

; FXO Cards use FXS signalling, lets use Kickstart

signalling=fxs_ks

; Don't Use CallerID Because it's not on at BMZ
usecallerid=no

; Cancel that Echo

echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
echotraining=yes

; Include all 4 FXO Cards in the channel group
callerid = "Huntingdon - Incoming"
channel => 1-4