[Asterisk-Users] RE: Inexpensive Analog Ports

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jan 7 21:44:21 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 20:30, James H. Thompson wrote:
> > 2 sipuras SPA2000, sold at 100USD each they have 2 FXS ports its like
> > cisco ata
>
> While this is certainly a step in the right direction, it needs to get cheaper to compete with
> existing solutions.
> For example if you were to configure a 6x24 (6 FXO ports, 24 FXS ports)  Panasonic PBX with voice
> mail, it comes out to approx $48 per port including everything except the phones.  The FXS ports
> support both ordinary analog phones and Panasonic system phones.
>
> Reference: http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model_KX-TA624-5.htm
>
> Panasonic KX-TA624 PBX
>
> KX-TA624 System Unit         $420   with 3 FXO and   8 FXS ports
> KX-TA62477-3 3x8 expansion   $300    with 3 FXO and   8 FXS ports
> KX-TA62470-2 0x8 expansion   $230   with 8 FXS ports
> KX-TVS50 2 port Voicemail       $500
>
> Total    $1,450   with 6 FXO ports        24 FXS ports
>
> Total Ports  30 *
> Cost per port    $48
>
> * voice mail interconnect may use two of the ports

Okay, tell us what the 30 port voicemail would cost? Asterisk supports
voicemail active on every port plus the VoIP ports at the same time. So
you still haven't come to a apples to apples comparison.

I have to admit the 6 fxs is a rough spot in asterisk pricing. You can't
get 6 FXO ports at the moment without slipping out via a T1 interface to
a channel bank or just plain via a T1 port.

See you could do this though
Simple PC  $ 500
T100P x 2  $1000
Ebay cb    $ 300