[Asterisk-Users] PRI D Channel and Caller-ID issue......

cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com
Wed Jan 7 16:33:27 MST 2004

I was wondering if anyone has encountered and overcome this situation:

We've got a PRI to our Asterisk system and notice that if a call comes in
from a phone on our network, both caller name and caller number are
delivered in the D Channel setup message.  If a call comes to our switch
from off-network, i.e. the LEC, long distance, or a cellular provider,
only the caller number is sent in the setup message.  We've found out that
the caller name information is sent but in a later D channel message, not
the setup.

Is there a way to have Asterisk gather that information from subsequent
messages?

Thanks for input anyone can provide!

chris