[Asterisk-Users] Re: 911 and lawsuits and redundancy

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jan 7 16:06:22 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 15:41, Jonathan Moore wrote:
> Another concern I have on this front is that it seems like some updates require
> an asterisk restart rather than just issueing a reload command from the *
> console. This that correct, or I am just not running the system correctly? For
> instance it seems like I couldn't get zapata.conf changes to go into effect
> without closing * and starting it again. It also seems like some changes in
> sip.conf don't go into effect either.

Zap changes should require a restart mainly due to you will probably be
doing some other hardware changes. If not, you might have been forward
thinking enough to have configured them in advance of needing them.

Don't know about SIP, maybe, maybe a bug. It is open source, fix it.

Don't forget the wonderful restart when convenient command, issue it and
somewhat forget about it.