[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk success stories in small-medium office environments?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 7 14:50:53 MST 2004

Jeffrey Paul wrote:

>I am the network administrator at a small (20-30 employee) financial
>company.  We are in the process of moving offices and will be obtaining
>a VoIP phone system when we do.  Right now, it's down to the 3com nbx100
>series and *.  Having lurked on *-user for a few weeks and having seen
>the nifty features of asterisk, I'm convinced.  The price difference has
>pretty much sold my superiors.
>
>However, they're slightly wary of the whole open-source thing.  They
>have no way of knowing, for certain, that asterisk is production-quality
>until they sign the check and find out.
>
>I've been asked by my CTO and CEO to get some testimonials and/or case
>studies of asterisk in production use in small office / small callcenter
>environments.  We'll be having a contractor configure an IVR, a call
>center with queues, call detail reporting, and a dialplan for our two
>inbound groups (our callcenter and our normal office traffic).
>
>Does anyone have their own success stories and/or have some verifiable
>customer testimonials?  My CEO and/or CTO might want to call some of
>these places/people on the phone as well and ask some simple questions
>about reliability and stability, so please include contact information
>where permissable.
>
>Replies in public or private are okay.  I'll summarize the private
>get them all.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>-j

Someone was putting a case study together a while back and was going to
publish it to the list but as yet I haven't seen it.. :)

IMHO Asterisk's stability is really based around the server admins
ability to run a stable and secure server and the ability of the person
setting up Asterisk and the dialplan to get all the features and
facilities setup and working..

Rememeber that Asterisk has not reached version 1.0 yet and as such is
technically still a development version.. even so I have found it to be
perfectly stable..

Later..