[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + fax

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Wed Jan 7 14:21:01 MST 2004

Steve,

If your E1 card has another port, you might consider investing in a fax
software package that can drive a digital fax board, like a Brooktrout
TR1034 of an Eicon Diva server. Then you're ISDN-PRI end-to-end. These cards
come in fractional E1 port densities, so you could wire only 8 bearer
channels if you only expected a concurrency of 8.

Most major fax server software packages will support these boards. HylaFAX
is but one example ;-)

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson