[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk success stories in small-medium office environments?

Jeffrey Paul jeffreypaul at diamondcard.com
Wed Jan 7 13:04:53 MST 2004

I am the network administrator at a small (20-30 employee) financial
company.  We are in the process of moving offices and will be obtaining
a VoIP phone system when we do.  Right now, it's down to the 3com nbx100
series and *.  Having lurked on *-user for a few weeks and having seen
the nifty features of asterisk, I'm convinced.  The price difference has
pretty much sold my superiors.

However, they're slightly wary of the whole open-source thing.  They
have no way of knowing, for certain, that asterisk is production-quality
until they sign the check and find out.

I've been asked by my CTO and CEO to get some testimonials and/or case
studies of asterisk in production use in small office / small callcenter
environments.  We'll be having a contractor configure an IVR, a call
center with queues, call detail reporting, and a dialplan for our two
inbound groups (our callcenter and our normal office traffic).

Does anyone have their own success stories and/or have some verifiable
customer testimonials?  My CEO and/or CTO might want to call some of
these places/people on the phone as well and ask some simple questions
about reliability and stability, so please include contact information
where permissable.

Replies in public or private are okay.  I'll summarize the private
get them all.

Thanks in advance,
-j

--
Jeffrey Paul - jeffreypaul at diamondcard.com - (877) 748-3467
Senior Network Administrator, Diamond Financial Products