[Asterisk-Users] * crashed

asterisk at lists.styx.org asterisk at lists.styx.org
Wed Jan 7 10:58:09 MST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:56:14AM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> > WARNING[1074412224]: File loader.c, Line 312 (ast_load_resource):
> > chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1 Segmentation fault
> > (core dumped)
>
> Did you remember to reload the kernel modules for your specific
> hardware?

This is a bug. Asterisk should not segfault like this, it should
give a sensible error message. Please file a bug report with a
backtrace from the core file.

This is one reason why I am skeptical when people call Asterisk
"production quality". These things need to be ironed out before
it can be called so.

-w
--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign