[Asterisk-Users] DTMF recognized improperly?

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Wed Jan 7 07:25:27 MST 2004

We are getting reports from the receptionist that callers are having dtmf
problems (131 gets read as 113, 117 read as 111) - first digit recognized
twice, third digit not read at all).

I have tried 6 different analog phones, two cell phones (on two different
networks), and a digital phone behind another pbx.  I can't reproduce the
problem at all.

Switch layout:

{Channelized T1} -> [Adtran Total Access 624] -> {POTS} -> [Merlin Legend
Switch] -> {POTS} -> [Carrier Access AB1 w/ 8 FXO] -> {T1} -> [TE410P]

I would just dismiss the problem, except that the recpetionist hears about
it atleast twice a day.  Most of the callers are either on POTS or cell
phones (we're a school district, it's parents that call/complain).  Has
someone been able to reliably reproduce this problem?  Is there an analog
phone that will repeatedly do this?

I do have 'relaxdtmf' turned on.

Many thanks,

Steve