[Asterisk-Users] Re: Heads up v2.03h on snom 200

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jan 7 06:13:39 MST 2004

> > The packet trace indicates that when a Snom 200 is configured with
> > two extns, asterisk sends a Notify (with mwi=yes/no) every eight
> > minutes. The MWI on the panel displays the "last" notify received.
> > In my case, the notify for x3002 is received before the notify for
> > x3008, and in later cases over time its the other way around
> > (x3008 notify is received before x3002).
> >
> > Looks like the code in the phone needs to track notify's by extn
> > number, and if any are mwi=yes, keep the LED on. "Last-In" control
> > of the LED is not correct logic for multi-line phones.
> Rich,
> Maybe a short term fix:
> Remove mailbox= from one of the extensions and make the other
> mailbox= command watch both mailboxes. That way, you'll only
> get one notificiation for both mailboxes and will not confuse the phone.

Olle,

My original posting was intended to respond to Christian's request and
objective relating to moving the beta release to a production release,
and identifying any issues that might be outstanding. Given the multiline
problems that have existed, the snom 200 phone has never been moved into
production use, but its getting very close now. Therefore, finding work-
arounds to code bugs has not been very high on my list of things to do.

Rich