[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Trunk two Asterisk boxes.

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Wed Jan 7 04:03:37 MST 2004

Quoting Ariel Batista <abatista at avionica.com>:  [Say hi to Steve for me!]

> I need to get 2 Asterisk servers working together.  I have been reading
> I have tried the command in the 2nd box of
>
> [local]
> switch => IAX2/redbox2:password at 199.2xxx.xxx.4/local
>
> What I am looking for is a real example of someone's working boxes.  I
> need to share the dialing rules and the trunks.  In this case the Wiki

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent)

Hopefully this helps in your quest for knowledge! I think I've got all the
relevant bits included.

machine master iax.conf:

[slave]
type=user
auth=plaintext
context=outbound
context=outbound2 ; (can have multiple if you want)
secret=secret
host=dynamic
callerid="slave"
trunk=yes
notransfer=yes

[slave]
type=peer
auth=plaintext
context=outbound-nuphone
secret=secret
host=dynamic
trunk=yes
notransfer=yes

in extensions.conf:

[assigned-dids]
; uncomment a dial mechanism, first one goes to specific extension
; other one goes to dial parameter s.

;exten => 7046446999,1,Dial,IAX2/master at slave/${EXTEN}
;exten => 7046446999,1,Dial,IAX2/master at slave

machine slave iax.conf:

register => slave:secret at iax-gw1.company.net

[master]
type=peer
host=iax-gw1.company.net
secret=secret
context=outbound
trunk=yes
canreinvite=no

[master]
type=user
secret=secret
context=acontext
trunk=yes
canreinvite=no

In extensions.conf:

[outbound]
switch => IAX2/master:secret at iax-gw1.company.net/outbound

Ray Burkholder
704 644 6999 x2002
http://www.oneunified.net
ray at oneunified.net
Asterisk Consulting Services, DID's, Termination, Origination

Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.