[Asterisk-Users] Doorbells & Door Intercoms

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Wed Jan 7 01:22:02 MST 2004

Hi,

There are 'regular' doorphones that have one button, which toggles
on-/offhook. If you combine this with a Cisco ATA186 that will automatically
dial a number (dialplan on the cisco) or which goes into an immediate
connect (configuration on asterisk) you can do pretty much anything oyu
want. However, those doorphones are often relatively expensive...

The same can be done with any analog phone, but the interface will be sucky
(have to pick up the phone, dialpad which is useless, etc.)

Florian