[Asterisk-Users] Re: Heads up v2.03h on snom 200

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jan 6 19:42:49 MST 2004

> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 13:52, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > Christian,
> >
> > The packet trace indicates that when a Snom 200 is configured with
> > two extns, asterisk sends a Notify (with mwi=yes/no) every eight
> > minutes. The MWI on the panel displays the "last" notify received.
> > In my case, the notify for x3002 is received before the notify for
> > x3008, and in later cases over time its the other way around
> > (x3008 notify is received before x3002).
> >
> > Looks like the code in the phone needs to track notify's by extn
> > number, and if any are mwi=yes, keep the LED on. "Last-In" control
> > of the LED is not correct logic for multi-line phones.
> >

> If it makes you feel any better, the Cisco 7960s do the same thing (at
> least when both line appearances have the same name, but are registered
> to different servers).

Jared

Interesting... I've got several C7960's with multiple lines running
sip v6.0 and they show correct vm for each line. Must be because all
extns are registering to the same * box?

I mentioned the snom issue as Christian is trying to get to a production
code release (been discussing off-list), and the mwi is one of the only
items that I've found thus far that I'd consider less then satisfactory.
(I actually carry this one around the country, plug it in where ever
I'm at, and it seems to work very well on recent/current code.)

Rich